Friday, December 21, 2007

Favorite Christmas Movies

With only a few days until Christmas, we have been inundated with Christmas movies. What I can't figure out though, is why at Christmas time do we see an increase in horror flicks? Or see so many James Bond reruns? Nothing brings the spirit of Christmas more into my heart than a good slasher movie or James Bond defusing a nuclear warhead while romancing a beautiful woman. Fortunately there are plenty of good "Christmas" movies to watch. I have made a list of my ten favorite "Christmas" movies of all time. Some are of the more serious nature and some provide a good laugh. The list, naturally, is based on the Christmas movies I have seen.

MY TOP TEN ALL-TIME FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIES

  1. A Christmas Story
  2. It's a Wonderful Life
  3. Miracle on 34th Street (original version)
  4. Mr. Kruger's Christmas
  5. A Christmas Carol (many versions)
  6. Home Alone
  7. Polar Express
  8. The Christmas Shoes
  9. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
  10. Elf

Honorable Mention: The Muppet's Christmas Carol, The Santa Clause.

I debated making a list of my least favorite, but many of what I think would make the list, I haven't seen. Besides, I'd rather focus more on the positive at this time of year. So, Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.